Release Date ~ 5/29/12
Format ~ Signed ARC
Publisher ~ Harper Teen
Source ~ Publisher
Purchase: The Book Depository
Helen needs to get through hell in two ways: by night they reflected the underworld, even worse torments her day that Lucas and they may possibly love. In the underworld, Helen meets Orion. The more time they spend together, the closer they come to. Then something totally unexpected happens, the forces calculated for holding and Lucas Orion: The four houses are combined and Scion, a new Trojan war seems inevitable!
The Top Ten Reasons To Read It!
(Because I felt like doing a different style of review today, I decided to do a top ten list instead!)
- Unlike many 2nd books in trilogies, Dreamless does not suffer from second book syndrome AT ALL! If anything, Angelini has gotten better! Perfectly paced!
- The love triangle! So many love triangles bore me, but Angelini introduces a second love interest that made abandon Lucas, Orion was amazing and Lucas started acting like a loser, so I am totally Team Orion!
- Angelini has an amazing writing style that is beautiful and lovely! She makes you feel like you're in the world alongside Helen kicking a certain gods butt!
- Helen is an amazing main character, I really admired and respected her!
- Orion is such a great love interest! Helen and him are together in the Underworld, and he just kicks butt! The two of them make a great team, and they have to end up together!
- The action. OMG does this book have amazing action scenes! With perfect pacing between them, it has just the right amount of action, and the Scion powers are so dang epic!
- You'd think after reading 7 Rick Riordan books and some other modern mythology, I'd be tired of all the adaptations of Greek myths (that's why I sorta gave up on Riordan.) but Angelini has managed to keep it fresh and interesting!
- The small island of Nantucket was an amazing place for the book to be set! All the details were so lush, I think Nantucket would be an awesome place to spend a couple of weeks (without any Scions around, sadly, I don't feel like dying.).
- The suspense! This book has so much suspense, I had to read it all in a day or two because I needed to know everything that happens!
- With perfect pacing, awesome characters, amazing action, and just about anything else you could wish for, Dreamless kicks off the summer book craze with a bang!
Cover Comments: Pretty sunset, but it's very deceiving, makes it look like a mermaid book with the water.